Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hexagons For You! CCMC340

It's Thursday again!!  Time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  This week we have a beautiful color challenge:  Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand and Basic Gray.  At first I couldn't think what to do with this combo but then I saw my Hexagon Hive Thinlit Die and started my journey with that (sometimes getting to the finish with a card is really a journey for me, with backtracks and changes of direction, especially with color challenges.  How about you?)


I knew early on that I wanted to use the Dictionary stamp on the paper behind the hexagon diecut; I stamped it off once before the final stamping onto the Lost Lagoon cardstock.  


Next I diecut the stems and leaves from Basic Gray and, using the Blossom Punch, punched out the two large flowers.  The two small flowers were also punched from Sahara Sand with the blossom punch in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.


 The center of the flower was stamped in Basic Gray, colored with Lost Lagoon then added a light dusting of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter adhered with a Two Way Glue Pen..  Pearls embellish the centers of the flowers.

Stamps:  Honeycomb Hello, Mixed Bunch (flower center), Dictionary
Ink:  Basic Gray; Lost Lagoon Marker
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand cardstocks
Accessories:  Hexagon Hive Thinlit, Flower Frenzy Bigz L Die (stems & leaves), Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Blossoms Flower Punch, Pearls, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Two Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Glue Dots.  

Here is the Color Challenge 340 this week from Create with Connie and Mary: 

We would love for you to take the challenge with us this week using this unique color scheme!  I really like how these colors can work together to produce lovely results!  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary's blog for the guidelines, make your project them upload it to their website! We can't wait to see what you do with it and we are always inspired by the creations of those who participate!

Also, while you're there, check out the cards of the other Challenge Team members ... they always inspired me!

Thanks for looking!

Margaret

9 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

You managed to take a masculine color combination and made a gorgeous feminine card. The hexagon background with the dictionary print is such a unique combination for a floral card. Your card inspires me!

marlene kiley said...

Love your crafty idea on this card. Lost Lagoon is such a yummy color and this card can be used for many occasions.

Lisa Martz said...

Well I sure couldn't see flowers with these colors, but you pulled it off with great success! I love the way the dictionary background looks behind the hive framelit. Very dainty and pretty.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Oooh, the Dictionary stamp peeking through the hexagons is neat! Love, love!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the way you used these colours to create such a delicate and feminine card Margaret. I'm never sure how to use the Hexagon thinlits die (I think I've only used mine once!!) but this is a great example - I must give it a try.

Melissa Davies said...

WOW!!! This card is absolutely stunning! I love the dictionary image peeking thru the honeycomb - GORGEOUS!

Deb said...

Love the bit of text peeking from behind the hexagons! Such a clever way to use those items! Beautiful card!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous layering!! The Hexagon Hive die cut over the stamped background is genius! Beautiful design!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty with all the texture and layers! I love how it turned out! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...