Thursday, December 5, 2013

Navy and Gold Christmas CCMC280

Here's my card for today's Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  Today's challenge is to use Night of Navy, Gold and  Whisper White.  I thought these great colors would make for an elegant Christmas card!

Fun Stampin', Christmas card, Night of Navy, Brushed Gold and Gold embossing.

I stamped two of the Festive Flurries snowflake stamps using VersaMark ink onto the background layer of Brushed Gold cardstock then did the same on the smaller Night of Navy background.

Fun Stampin', Christmas card, Night of Navy, Brushed Gold and Gold embossing.

A strip of the Brushed Gold was dry embossed with a Delicate Impressions Embossing Folder and laid over the left side.  I stamped the Brushed Gold with VersaMark using a snowflake then embossed this with Gold Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.  Next it was diecut with the matching Festive Flurry Framelit.

Fun Stampin', Christmas card, Night of Navy, Brushed Gold and Gold embossing.

Lastly the snowflake was adhered with Dimensionals and the card was embellished with Rhinestones, using one of the Large Rhinestones for the snowflake center.

Stampin' Up! Color ChallengeHere again is the CCMC280 color challenge for today. ( I wonder if my Rhinestones can qualify for the Whisper White!?)  Now you can do better than me, use all three colors on a project then share it with us on the Create with Connie and Mary website (you'll also find the guidelines there).  We'll all stop by and leave you a nice message too!

Did you recognize the layout I used for my card?  I used the CCMC Sketch Challenge from 11-9-13 and turned it to a vertical orientation.  You can see that challenge here: CCMCWINTER13-03 Sketch Challenge.   This is a very versatile sketch and so adaptable to any occasion... I'll be using it again myself!  : )  Don't miss  all the great cards posted here using this sketch!

Thanks for visiting!  Stay warm and safe... especially if you are experiencing some of this freezing weather that is sweeping across Canada and the middle of the U.S.!!  We're right in the middle of it here!  Br-r-r!  It's snowing here!

Margaret

7 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So neat how you didn't use any white. The embossing looks lovely, both wet & dry!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love all the gold on your card - so elegant! And your layout is simple but beautiful especially with the embossed strip down the front.

Deb said...

Such a regal card and very rich looking! Love how the snowflakes look stamped on the gold! And I love all the texture!

soggystamper said...

Gorgeous card, Margaret! I love the gold embossing on the brushed gold card stock.
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com

Nicole Tugrul said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the gold embossing on the gold card stock. A very elegant look!

Lisa Martz said...

I love the embossed gold on gold! Very classy! I also love the textured embossing folder strip you used...it ties in so well with the other elements.

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...this is gorgeous! Love the gold on gold background. Great job, Margaret.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...