Thursday, October 11, 2012

Floral Frames as Picture Frame - Day 3

Sorry I missed posting yesterday but I'm back today with the next project in the series of Floral Frames Framelits and the Daydream Medallions stamp set.  This is a simple card featuring a diecut picture frame made with the Floral Frames Framelits.
This picture was taken at the Albuquerque, NM, Hot Air Balloon Festival by my friend Lora Stewart.  I cut it with the third from the largest framelit, then cut the Brushed Silver cardstock frame with the same and one size larger framelit.  I like the shimmer that the silver cardstock gives it!  
The card itself is Calypso Coral cardstock, one of my favorites of the In Colors; it picks up that same color in the picture.  Night of Navy cardstock that has been textured with the Stripe Embossing Folder is layered over it.  A swath of Night of Navy 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon over a strip of Calypso Coral accents the front below the frame.  I stamped a hot air balloon from the "Up Up and Away" stamp set in Bashful Blue and the sentiment from the same set over that in Night of Navy.  This was attached with Dimensionals.

This is a simple card and pretty quick to make.  I wanted to show another use for the Framelits, that they can be used to frame pictures, and not only on cards, but they are beautiful for scrapbooking too!

I have some lovely tags to show you next, so I hope you'll come back soon!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a creative day!

Margaret 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...