Saturday, August 25, 2012

Postage Due

What a fun collage stamp set is Postage Due!  The first time I saw it I was drawn to it so I was excited to use it for a Make 'n Take at a recent workshop.
I wanted to use some of the stitched grosgrain ribbon so I chose the Rich Razzleberry; from there I went to the Color Coach for this rich combination of Rich Razzleberry, Midnight Muse and More Mustard.
I thought that the Embossing Resist technique would be good with this stamp so I embossed the stamp with VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder on Very Vanilla cardstock then added the three colors with sponges.  I also used some Crumb Cake ink around the edges.  This was laid on a layer of More Mustard and a swath of the Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon adhered around the lower portion.
The three "stamps" were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock then punched out with the Postage punch and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals for height.

This is a colorful yet easy card to make.  I'm looking forward to making some more projects with this set!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great weekend!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...